Friday, November 18, 2011

Reusable Sandwich Bags

These are perhaps my favourite item for sale.  Because of them, I haven't bought Ziploc Bags for almost three years.  I have nothing against Ziploc.  I just hate all of the garbage.

It's certainly not rocket science.  Anyone with a sewing machine and a cereal bag can make them.  But will you?  Some of you will now and I invite you to do so because it's a great item and great for the environment too, but most of you will just think it's a good item and go no further. 
For those people I say, buy them here and try them.
I try to use stash fabrics or upcycle thrift store fabrics.  All fabric is clean cotton though and lined with cereal bag liners.  I've tried a few other things as liners, but this is one I'm confident is food grade and I know that it doesn't tear.  We've used and handwashed three every day for the last year and a half or so.


Each bag is large enough for a sandwich or any manner of snack items.  Simply fold it over or use a bag clip and tuck it into your lunch container.  Your sandwich, chips, crackers will all stay fresh.  I also slip them over blocks of cheese in my fridge. 

To wash, many days you can simply shake out the crumbs.  On mayo days or messy sandwich days, I handwash mine in the dishwater and let it dry inside out.  I have two sets in constant use - one set in lunches and the other set air-drying. 

So there you have it. 

-----------------------------------------------

Reusable Sandwich Bags
Set of 3 =  $10

No comments:

Post a Comment