Friday, November 25, 2011

Book and Journal Covers

I started making these last April when I was stumped as to what to make or buy from my book-lovin' daughter.   She loved her cover.  She now uses it daily for her dictionary at school.  It looks so much better than the icky printed softcover it came with and it makes the much-used book more durable.

This is very much like her cover.   The girls call it "the pigeon" cover.  (fits 5.25" x 7.75")


I like the feel of the soft corderoy, so I used it for all of the covers. 


Unfortunately, there seems to be no standard for book sizes anymore.  My own books are all over the map in terms of size.   This one fits a $1 notebook perfectly.  The book is 6.25" x 8.25". 


Just because I had some cute rickrack that matched (I love rickrack, even the word), this one comes with a built-in bookmark. 

The tulip is probably my favourite one. It's just a touch bigger than the "pidgeon", which holds my most common paperback.  (5.25" x 8") 


The owl cover is best for a fat notebook, the kind my kids love to have scattered all over the house.  It's short and fat, like the owl himself.  (Fits 5" x 7.5")


And this is actually Beth's favourite, besides her dictionary cover.   She's not a terribly girly girl, I'm thinking. (Fits 5.25" x 8")



-------------------------------------------
Book and Journal Covers       $7
-------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment