Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Beaded Bookmarks

Originally we weren't sure what to do with these beaded creatures.  They were cute.  They were fun to make out of beads and thin wire.  But what were they?  We decided they would make adorable bookmarks and they do. 


The little gecko was one of our first.  He would have worked equally well as a zipper pull too, but we had to decide.  We didn't have the time to make zipper pulls, key chains AND bookmarks.  We are book lovers, so that's what won.


Two mermaids with twisty locks waving in the stormy seas.


And wouldn't the little lady make a great Mother's Day present from a young child?  Maybe this year your wife can recieve something besides the potted bean plant from school. 


Just a suggestion.  I, of course, always treasured my bean sprouts.  :-)

The stinky little skunks come on a leather bookmark,


or as a big paperclip bookmark.  This one also has a flower.


While the soft leather is a great tactile thing (I like to hold them while I read), I do like the simplicity of a paperclip too. 



 And they are all pretty.


And priced nice and low so kids can actually buy them for their moms or maybe as teacher's gifts.  June comes quicker than you ever anticipate. 

I know I can never have too many bookmarks.  So much nicer than the unused Kleenex or receipt that is often used around here.

Beaded bookmarks    $6

1 comment: